Saturday, April 18, 2009

Short Story Saturday

I'm playing with this idea as a weekly feature. In general, I'm not in favor of memes that force me into a weekly schedule, but weekends are tough for me to find time to read and write in general. I also don't generally read short stories very often. I prefer long form fiction - I'm more into sagas and series than short stories. If I like a story, I want more, so short stories are often frustrating. There are a lot of short stories out there, including many cheap or free on audible and I have a couple short story collections kicking around my house that would be good for me to pick up. So, we'll see how long I can keep this up as a weekly meme.

1 comment:

  1. I'm the same way - except for when it comes to Clive Barker or Edgar Allen Poe - their short stories are awesome and sufficient, especially Barker's.

    ReplyDelete