Monday, March 30, 2009

Favorites: Maureen Johnson


I love Maureen Johnson as much for her blog as anything else. She has an amazing, fabulous sense of humor and an irreverent wackiness that always makes me laugh.

I first picked her up because Bermudez Triangle deals with three girls who are friends while two of them struggle with coming out and their growing feelings for each other. This isn't, however, my favorite mj book - I found it a little bit traumatic. Perhaps it hits a little too close to home.

mj really impressed me with Devilish and Girl at Sea. These are sweet, fun, playful teen chicklit romances with lots of adventure and humor. They're great for reading at beaches and coffeeshops and anytime I need a pick-me-up. When I finish, I always want more. I'm super excited for Suite Scarlett, which comes out in paperback this month. I will totally be devouring it the minute it arrives!

No comments:

Post a Comment