Friday, March 27, 2009

Hello, internet

I'm newly amused with reading blogs about books. I've always been a bookworm of diverse interests, so I'm enjoying very much hearing a lot of different perspectives on what they're reading and what's out there. I'm a sci-fi geek at heart, and thus have been following Neil Gaiman and John Scalzi for years. I also try to keep up with the reading at The Sword and Laser and Galactic(a) Watercooler.

I'm also reading a lot of YA books. For the purpose of full disclosure: I am fully a grown up, and exceptionally over-educated, so all I can say is, they're fun, quick reads and there's a lot of really good writing in the YA classification. I started reading YA books as a break from my dissertation, and I find the genre addictive and delightful. My favorite writing about YA lit out there is at bookshelves of doom. I also totally enjoy reading the blogs of Maureen Johnson, Justine Larbalestier, and Sarah Beth Durst on a regular basis.

However, just recently I stumbled into a wider reading circle, and all of a sudden I find myself reading Wands and Worlds, SciFiChick, Lauren's Crammed Bookshelf, The Shady Glade, The Story Siren, A True Reality, YABOOKNERD, SciFiGuy, GreanBeanTeenQueen, Worth the Trip and I'm Here. I'm Queer. What the Hell do I Read?

As you can probably tell from my blog selection, I read a lot of sci-fi, fantasy, and urban fantasty, queer lit and some young adult and chicklit. But really, I'll read anything and I love to talk about fiction, so if you have suggestions, I'll take them.

My plan is to start out with a few posts about some of my favorite authors and series to sort of introduce myself and get started, but then to report as I'm reading. So we'll see how it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment